From:
"Twin*.*Star" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 15:43:58 -0500
Try cleaning the CDs. They may have have scratches which you may be able to
clean with a special scratch remover than I have seen at audio specialty
stores. The CD maybe out of balance which makes it difficult for some
drivers to read in which case removing and re-centering in drive will
sometimes help. Here is where I have found that higher quality readers tend
to be able to "overlook" these problems more so than cheap units. Of course
as an integrated unit, you are stuck with what you have.

If it is usually the same CD that gives a problem, then I would suspect one
of the above. If it is random, then it is just a cheap drive. Could try
cleaning the drive.

BTW, we are talking about original CDs and not burnt copies, yes?

Daniel Wysocki
Twin*.*Star Computers
770-498-2582 / 800-816-0663
Fast - Reliable - Wallet Friendly