From:
Vital Tremblay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 08:25:24 -0400
2008/4/28 Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>:
> That IS the correct order.
>
>  You do not answer the telephone before your friend calls, or your friend will get a busy signal.

Obviously!

>  1.  the modem connects to the ISP and sets itself up (gets an "address" from the ISP)
>
>  2. the router wakes up and asks the modem how it wants to communicate, then it sets itself up (gets an "address" from the modem)
>
>  3. the computer wakes up and asks the router how it wants to communicate, then it sets itself up (gets an "address" from the router)
>
>  The "addresses" are how they know how to communicate with each other.
>
>  You should be able to turn the computer on and off, but you usually leave the modem and router on 24/7.  They do not use much power.
>  If the power goes off, this has to happen all over again because the "addresses" will change.
>
>  Once one computer is working, if you turn on another computer, then it should work, too.  If not, then there is some sort of
>  conflict that you need to resolve.  (both have the same "address" ??)  When you say "Each time i boot a new computer I must also
>  reboot the router," are you asking us or telling us that is what is happening?  That should not normally have to happen - otherwise,

I mean, I, myself, power off the router and the power it on to make
the connextion goes enabled. But yesterday, when I fire up the second
computer, I did thing different. I wen to the

Control Panel->Network Connexions->Local area connextion panel

And there, on the support tab did click on the repair button. That
fixed the problem.

I trying the same this morning and this time the connextion went
without a glitch and without and futher action from myself.

>  you could never run two computers at the same time, could you?  If that is what is happening, please tell us more.

Yes I could, but for some reason I dont know why the connexion was not
automaticly done.

Thanks you Dean

 Vital Tremblay (Alma, Quebec Canada)

Side note for Rick Glazier : That's a funny note you tell, here in the
province of Quebec Roger Cable is not available. Loot at :
http://www.rogers.com/web/resources/service/selectLanguageNonFlash.jsp?targetURL=%252Fweb%252FRogers.portal%253F_nfpb%253Dtrue%2526_pageLabel%253DPTV_Landing%2526setLanguage%253Den

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>