From:
Jackie MacWhirter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:22:34 -0400
Hello:  I thought I would mention NVidia   are very slow about updating
their drivers  when I built my SLI Asus A8N Deluxe I bought Nvidia  2 GForce
6600 GT video cards  it took for ever for them to post new drivers -- I got
so fed up  of waiting I had to run one card for awhile visual was not so
good testing Vista in this sli setup you can flip the EZ card selector over
from dual to single - on the motherboard I have an Acer Ferrari 4006
wireless laptop  too it has ATI video card  I tested Vista in 3 machines the
ATI came through with each build with no problems --  I replaced NVidia with
dual ATI Radeon  X1800 Cross Fire   edition  512  in the sli  there are no
glitches of any sort except the cards are longer  - My chief complaint with
NVidia- they take for ever updating their drivers  there is no reason in
being so lax  some of their video cards cost a fortune. You might want to
read up on the specs for ATI setup - on their site which is compatible for
your motherboard . Its always preferable to choose a company that is
conscious of looking after their customers especially if the purchases are
so recent-   You should  consult  your manual to see if you can run  single
I know in this sli I can - you need to set it in the bios too- This sli
runs quite well with one video card but two is better -Have a great day
Jackie