From:
Diane Kroeckel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2007 18:51:47 -0600
David,

I found that if the folder is under Docs and Settings, I can make my
folder private.  But if it's not under Docs and Settings, the option is
grayed out.  And "use simple file sharing" is checked, (found under
control panel, folder).

Diane Kroeckel

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 07:54:47 -0800 David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>   I don't see a "Make This Folder Private" choice anywhere.  Oh,
> wait...
>
>   Under Tools|Folder Options|View, there is a choice "Use simple
> file
> sharing (recommended)", which I always turn OFF.  The "Make This
> Folder
> Private" entry, greyed out, is visible only if that option is
> checked.
>   I haven't experimented with the ramifications of that state --
> does the
> greyed-out mean that the folder is private by default, or does it
> mean that
> you cannot make it private until you have done something else?
>
> David Gillett
>

> On 17 Jan 2007 at 16:19, Diane Kroeckel wrote:
>
> Date sent:              Wed, 17 Jan 2007 16:19:38 -0600
> Send reply to:          Personal Computer Hardware discussion List
> From:                   Diane Kroeckel <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject:                [PCBUILD] users XP
> To:                     [log in to unmask]
>
> > David,
> >
> > When I right click on a folder, choose Sharing and Security, go to
> the
> > Sharing tab,  Make This Folder Private is grayed.  So how can I
> make it
> > private?
> >
> > Diane Kroeckel

                     support at our newest website: