From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 17:26:42 -0500
Hi Rick,

What I have seen is, actually not that it is formatted, but rather that it
has a partition on it prior to being installed in the USB Box.

Thanks,

Joe Lore

==========================

Sometimes the instructions that come with a USB drive box say that you have
to format the drive while it is connected directly to a MB drive port...
Seems to me this is a limitation in the internal USB controller in the USB
box, (but then who
knows?...)
I would read any papers that came with the box and see if you have this
limitation.  If not, follow the normal instructions for the OS you are
running, (which then becomes your new question for the list).

From: "1016sdh" <[log in to unmask]>
> Have just installed a WD 200GB hard drive in a USB box. Both new.
> Computer recognizes it as "USB mass storage" How do I format the drive
> for use. It now shows up in the device manager with a yellow !. I have
> tried removing from device manager, unplugging to reset and
>  reconnecting. Any help will be appreciated.  TIA,   Charles E. Avilla

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>