From:
Cindy Sanderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2004 19:08:01 GMT
Hello All,

Thanks for the many replys.  Here is some additional info.  According to Memorex's web site and the instructions, the thumb drive is supposed to work with Win98 & Win98SE with drivers installed - I have Win98 only.  It is also "supposed" to work with USB 1.1 which is what is on my computer.  My computer has 2 USB ports & I have a 4 port USB hub using one (in which, only a printer is attached) and the thumbdrive in the other.  Memorex told me the thumbdrive would not work connected to the hub.

Someone asked about my power supply and what all I have connected.  I just recently installed a new 350W power supply & only have the CD, floppy, motherboard and hard drive connected to it so I don't think I am overtaxing it.  As far as my CD drive goes, it is a CD-RW and am thinking seriously of replacing it to see if it's the CD on its way out.  Not having a CD that works properly is frustrating (had to load my tax program at work and do my taxes there).

Thanks for all your help.

Cindy Sanderson

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com