From:
Patrick Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 00:46:26 -0400
Have you ran the repair for Windows 2000 Pro and Adv Server???

You'll want boot into the CD. The fastest way is to go in
as if you were doing a new install, and after you select
the new install option the CD will detect any current installations
of 2KPro or 2KAdvServ.  You'll want to press R and it will restore
all the core OS components.  The good thing about this is that you don't
loose current system settings.  I know I this has saved me from doing
complete
OS reinstalls several times.  Of course you'll probably need  to reinstall
any
service packs you currently got install (or maybe not).

my 2 cents

Patrick Black
CCNA