From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 11:37:55 -0800

>He also made the statement that:
>USR modems are famous for not being able
>to connect to other USR modems.
>
>Anyone want to comment on that?

Back about six or seven years ago....before the web there was an issue with
USR modems connecting to each other. It was called the spiral down syndrome
....the fastest modem then was 28.800 ....you would log on to say CompuServ
which used excursively USR Modems at 28,800 and then slowly go down to 15
-16 k.

The only other USR issue that ever came up in PCBUILD that I can recall was
the now infamous first introductions of Wiinmodems ...........and up until
the recent models USRs have always had problems with Winfax / Talkworks.

However I think this is just a tech support guy without a good answer
blowing smoke. Why don't you sign up with a National ISP on a free trial
and see if your connects improve.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html