From:
Gerry Coburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 17:38:24 -0500
I transferred a fully functional Abit BH6 motherboard to a new case recently and connected up a video card, mouse, keyboard, floppy and hard drive and 64Mb of memory. I connected up an atx power supply - the wrong way round!! and attempted to power up. There was absolutely no life obvious in the board. Have I fried it or am I missing something?

I removed the board from the chassis and, with the same components on board I tried to boot it up in case I had earthed it first time round. I still got the same result as on my first attempt. I then reset the bios by removing the battery and replacing it later but still to no avail.

Can someone confirm that I've wrecked the board or perhaps tell me where I'm going wrong? I must have had a mental block to connect up the wrong way round and yes it is possible!!

Gerry Coburn