From:
Max Timchenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 22:52:01 +0200
Hello Demetri,

29 February, 2000, 06:49:06, you wrote:

DK> If one had, say, a 200mhz computer and bought, say, a 600mhz computer,
DK> and wanted to use ONE for using the Internet, which would be better? Does
DK> the 600mhz computer have so little advantage over the 200mhz when on the
DK> Internet that it'd be more practical to use the 600mhz computer for the
DK> off-line computing?

No. The web pages often include plugins (Shockwave, for example) that
require a lot of CPU and graphics card power to render perfectly.
Moreover, rendering DHTML, especially in Netscape, is taxing.

An example. I've a 400-MHz Celeron at home and 200-MHz Pentium PRO at
the university, and I render complex pages at least twice faster at
home. Explorer deals with it significantly faster on both system, but
the difference is noticeable too.

I think you should use the '600 for all the stuff and hook the '200 to
it as a secondary system, and probably share your Internet connection
to it as well.

+=-.
| Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
| [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
| FAX (413)431-4014               ICQ 2386792
|
| Freelance website and graphics designer
| Visit my site : http://maxwd.hypermart.net
|
| Editor - Graphics artist
| NOSPIN group