From:
John Kemp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 13:30:17 -0400
Carol,

When you run the XP upgrade - it ask run a compatibility check for you. If
you have issues in this check, you will have to make some decisions. For the
most part, the upgrade is simple and it is highly probable that you will not
have any problems. However, since the catch phrase is never say never - you
should back up your HDD before you begin.

I ran on an upgrade from Windows 98 to XP for about 6 months. When I bought
an 80 GB HDD, I decided to do a clean install on it using the upgrade CD
(make sure you have the product ID from your older Windows program). For my
old HDD, I formatted it and use it for Linux. It is a bit of work, but I was
ready to leave some old programs behind because I didn't use them anymore.
The clean install put me back on square one, peg one (fresh start) which was
right where I wanted to be.

HTH...John

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com