From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 00:26:45 -0500
Daniel's post (clipped):-

<<<<Is there any memory out there that will function with this machine?>>>

Hi,

"CRUCIAL" (ram memory manufacturers) have a "crucial memory advisor tool" at their web site www.crucial.com where, if you input your system manufacturer (in your case compaq), the series ref. (in your case deskpro EP) and the model no. it will scan your system and suggest an appropriate memory stick.

I tried this but find that they have only "Deskpro EP 6400 in 450 Mhz" listed and no 6450 model. could it be an error?

if you can post the name of the memory stick which came as OEM then perhaps someone from the list can help. as far as i know compaq do not make memory sticks but outsource and install as part of OEM.

HTH and good day----Venkat

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml