From:
Don Ballje <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 2004 19:57:18 -0500
This is my first message...hope I'm doing it right, feel free to correct me if necessary!  My son has a Cybertron computer with and AMD 2500+ processor and 1GB of RAM.  I'm not positive what motherboard is in it but has an American MegaTrends bios.  He lost power the other day.  We bought a new power supply but at first still no power through the system.  We unplugged a secondary support which is listed as the "CPU Vcore power" and got power throught the system but unfortunately no boot!  He also put in a seperate video card so we took that out and used the built-in video to see if we could see anything on power up but still nothing.  Whenever we plug into the CPU Vcore power and the main plug, there is no power.  Not sure if this is indicative of the motherboard or the processor.  There appears to be a noise (my son says it is the same sound he hears when it works correctly) coming from the processor but it's not the fan.  So far we have not seen the processor fan kick on.  Does it normally run or only when necessary?  Anyone have any ideas or further troubleshooting tips to identify what fried?
Doc

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com