From:
Chris Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 05:23:28 -0400

------------------------------

I have an old Epson 480SXU that I still use. At one point in time the
printer nozzles became clogged and the printer would not work. I read an
article somewhere online (I can't remember where I saw it) that detailed
cleaning instructions for the nozzles. It involved some rubbing alcohol,
q-tips and the plastic straw-type nozzle from a sprayer can (I used one off
of an old can of compressed air) to use as a dropper. After about 1 hour of
dripping and dabbing I was able to resurrect the printer. The 'straw' was
used to apply small amounts of alcohol into the printer head to loosen up
the old dried out ink. I used the q-tips to clean up any ink mess inside of
the printer, especially where the printer head is parked. To get to it, you
may have to unplug the printer at a time when the head moves to a spot where
you can access all of the areas you want to clean. Personally, I like to get
as much use out of a product as I can, even though printers can be had for a
small sum nowadays.

Chris Ryan
E-Mail:

                         PCBUILD's List Owners: