From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2008 06:24:17 -0500
A good source of TIVO expansion stuff is www.weaknees.com.  I have used a lot of their stuff and it always worked and was easy to
install, but cost more than the raw hardware by a significant amount.  The older TIVO's use Linux and you have to wave a magic wand
over them to make them work with your drives, but you CAN do it if you want to go to the trouble.  The directions are still probably
available on the Forum.  I found it easier to use Weakness stuff and just drop it in...

I suspect that you can find answers to all your questions at the TIVO Community Forum, www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/.   (This used
to be independent of TIVO - I think that it still is.)

The drives you put into your "SA2 Tivo."  Is that the new, High-Def TIVO?  Did you just swap out the drives from the TIVO?

Dean Kukral