From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 05:14:51 -0800
  DHCP issues address "leases" which are good for hours, or even days.
There's no concept or mechanism within DHCP of "connected/active/online" --
a client may go away and come back as it likes, until its lease expires.

  On the wireless access points I manage (Cisco 350 series -- not a router
or DHCP server...), there is a table of devices currently "associating" with
the access point.  These will have a current, active wireless link.

  (There seem to be several BEFW11S4 manuals online, but I can't seem to
open any of them at the moment.  I'd take a look at Status or Logging
functions to see what information they offer about devices associating with
the AP.)

David Gillett

On 1 Apr 2003, at 22:08, David Farrington wrote:

> Justin and other. Thank you for telling me about the DHCP tab. You can
> also access the DHCP Client table from the Status tab page too. I would
> like to ask you does your table information change as computer drop off
> or or turned off? Mine does not. Even if I hit the refresh button the
> page does not change information. Once a computer or computers logs in
> and gets an IP address the table updates but if the computer logs out or
> turns off the table information stays the same on my Linksys. Anyway,
> does your table information change as computer's log out?
>
> Justin Marzello wrote:
>
> >Ok, click the "DHCP" tab and then the "DHCP Clients Table" button. This should list all the IPs assigned and the name of the computer using them.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com