From:
Rick Swartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 17:29:22 +0200
Hello Eric,

Monday, August 16, 1999, 11:56:24 AM, you wrote:

EG> Cesar,

EG> We obviously have a difference in terminology here since it is impossible
EG> to "move, delete, rename, etc." to a CD-R.  CD-R's are write once.  You
EG> MUST be using CD-RW's so I'll go ahead and give you my thought

It is possible to use Direct-CD on a CD-R. During 'formatting' the burner
opens a secial "multisession" (lack of a better word)cd. While you
still cannot really erase, delete or move files, the software marks them
not to show up in the directory. You still lose space everytime you
erase something, which is why you won't get 650 MB on the CD-R.
After the CD is filled it has to be finalized for you to be able to use
it in a normal CD-ROM. This is when the directory structure is also set.

Regards,

Rick S.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html