From:
Patrick Macaspac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:06:14 -0800
I think the reason for your Drive E; not showing on My Computer after the shutdown is that your power supply cannot provide enough power to make the drives working. I had this situation before. I had one hard drive before and one cd/dvd rom dirve. My friend asked me to have a backup of his files on my computer. I mounted his hard drive inside my system and then restarted. Afterwards, I opened my computer but to our surprise, his hard drive wasn't present. We turned it off and then removed the power supply pointing to my cd/dvd rom drive. When we turned it back on, his hard drive was then present when we opened My Computer. I think you would consider that issue of yours as just a power supply issue.

  Hope this helps.

  Patrick

Ryan Small <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Good Day,

I recently installed a new sound card (CL SB Audigy 2 ZS-Platinum) and everything was working fine. I have a TSSTcorp CDW/DVD TS-H492A and TDK CDRW 321040X. (D: and E: rspectively) I was looking through some back-up cd-rw. I placed one in the D: drive and one in the E: drive to see what I had on them. All of a sudden, literaly in a blink of an eye, both drives were not recognizable. I went to My Computer and both drives weren't showing. I shut down my comp and rebooted. Now only the D: drvive is there. I can play music and game cd's in the E: drive but, I can't open any CR-RW's with it. How can I get the E: drive to be displayed again in 'My Computer'?

(comp specs)
MB: Asus A7N8X Deluxe
Chip: AMD Athlon XP2000+
Memory: 512KB
OS: Windows 2000 Pro
VGA: M
SI Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440(AGP8X)- 128MB

Thank you.
R. Small

visit our download web page at:
http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml

"don't let them make you think you're free, people are born free, yet every where they are in chains"

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml