From:
Martin Trevorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 18:21:27 -0400
I'm a programmer, new to linux but I have a good background with Windows 95.
I would like to experiment 3 thing with linux at home.

 1. Use a linux as workstation
 2. Use a linux as File and printer server for linux and Windows station
 3. Experiment a linux cluster setup.

My main goal is to discover the edge of linux potential in my hobby and
eventualy found application of linux in bussiness.

I have a Celeron 400
         128 Meg
         20 Gig HD
         ADI Microscan 6P

As my main workstation

I have also two 388, a 486 and a pentium 133 that I would like to use in
cluster network and one of these as a file and printer server. I would like
to get some other used computer to increase my cluster setup power.

One application that would be interresting to experiment with is Povray
(Cluster).  I would eventualy connect to internet with cable modem.

So now, I nead recommendation for hardware needed to implement this network,
I mean Network card and hube. I'me very novice with network hardware. I'me
not sure if I will go to 10Mh or 100Mh network speed and I need some ISA and
some PCI device. Give me you advice.

I don't wan to spend to much, so what should I buy?.

Thank

Martin Trevorn