From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 09:46:03 -0500
Susan,  after struggling several days with my older ThinkPad and a Logitech
mouse, I found that I had to use the ThinkPad configuration manager (a BIOS
type setup program in Windows 9x) to configure it disabling the integrated
Trackpoint. The ThinkPad 760EL I have has very few BIOS options, not like a
standard BIOS setup for desktops.  I was able to get the mouse to operate
as a standard ps2 mouse but no support for the "wheel" with the Trackpoint
enabled. I think that you may have some of the same issues with the
touchpad if it is an IBM laptop. I've gone through several driver updates
from Logitech but none will allow me to enable both.

Doug

At 12/8/99 09:14 PM , Susan Hays wrote:
>I have a laptop with a touchpad.  However, I bought a Logitech mouse to use
>instead of the touchpad.  I installed the mouse.  It shows up on my taskbar,
>but I can't get it to work.  What do I need to do?  Do I need to disable my
>touchpad before the mouse will work or what?  Sure could use some directions
>on how I can make the mouse work.  Thanks in advance.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html