From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 23:30:04 -0400
I don't have any direct experience with these; so, this is based on the
reviews I've read.  The Samsung monitors with the TFT/PVA screens tend to
get better than average marks for their color reproduction, which might be
important to you if you are working with images.  Their 25ms response time
puts off some of the dedicated gamers, but they apparently do well enough
with games and movies, as well.

If you have a video card that has a DVI connection, I'd suggest getting a
LCD that can use that.  It tends to improve the quality of the image, since
there is no need to translate the video signal from digital to analog and
then back to digital, again.

I think that the current model numbers for these displays are the 172T, 173T
and the latest, the 173P.  The 173 would be a revision newer than the 172.
The difference between the T and the P models seems to be that the P model
has a higher contrast ratio, some extra control features, and a different
stand.

I hopes this helps with your research.

John Sproule

                     support at our newest website: