From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 12:38:46 -0700
< At 01:18 PM 6/19/2000 -0700, you wrote:
< I have two separate issues.  First, I set up a client with Diamond's
10Mbs Homefree networking cards.  Three computers networked <  through the
phone lines on a "supposedly" 10Mbs connection.  An IBM PIII600 is the ICS
server, and the clients are a Compaq

I am not familiar with these home / phone line networks but I have a few
questions.
The Diamond setup is with a internal Diamond NIC AND an external device for
a wall socket ? Each PC gets it's own Diamond NIC and wall socket
connection? Is there any proprietary Diamond software involved or is this a
standard Windows TCP/IP network.

Who is providing the DSL connection ? The Cisco 675 is your own modem or
the providers? What OS is handling the NAT server....you write ICS but is
this Win98SE2 or Win 2000 ? What OS are the clients running ? Does the
LAN...WorkGroup ?...work normally at 10 bps ? Does the Cisco work OK if you
use it on a stand alone machine ?

>make sure that it wasn't what was causing my slow internet problem (the
>Sony was still just as slow as before).  Anybody know a "safe" way to
>change the IRQ's around?

You mean on the NIC card ? Try this....in Win98 go into device manager and
remove the devices that are giving you problems...exit out and reboot.
Enter the BIOS and set up IRQ designation from auto to manual. Disable any
BIOS IRQ assignments like assign video IRQ. Then load windows and see if it
sorts it out. If this doesn't work move the cards from one slot to another
and try again.

Mark Rode
The NoSpin Group

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,