From:
Ben Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:08:31 -0400
I have a similar setup, a wired network and a wireless access point for my
laptop and for a couple of computers that are in places I just can't wire.
I'm using a linksys WAP11 and am pleased with it.  If you look hard most of
the major wireless networking companies make plain access points.  The WAP11
is 802.11b an costs $72 at Amazon.  That would probably be the cheapest
route.

There are 802.11g wireless access points out but they are about twice as
expensive and of course the adapters are expensive too.  For just accessing
the internet 802.11b is fine.  Large file transfers can take a while though
and you can't stream video on it.

The WAP11 plugs into one of my switches via ethernet cable.

Ben Moore