From:
George W Hurless <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 12:16:18 -0500
Bob, this happened to me. A fast storm came up & I was heading for the
computer to shut off & unplug everything a bolt of lightening struck &
took out my modern. No apparent damage, just wouldn't work. Replaced it
with an old one that I had taken out just a few month before & I was back
in business, just slower. So try another modem to be sure, but I bet it
was lightening. If he had a surge protector for the computer it's
"probably" OK.
Geo

There was
> a storm in
> the area the night before his modem stopped working, could this have
> destroyed
> his modem? Is there a way to tell if the problem is his modem or
> something else?
> Thanks for any info, Bob

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.