Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 08:26:08 -0500
Hi Rosie
      If you've installed new hardware you should go in safe mode and edit
the registry. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then enter that key by double
clicking on the cross in the box. Next you should see a key labeled
ENUM.(not totally sure if it's right after opening HKEY you may have to open
the other subkeys to find it) Delete ENUM and reboot with your win 98 cd in
the cdrom. (by the way delete ENUM in safe mode) When your computer reboots
it will go into windows. Then enter control panel and double click on Add
New Hardware and let it detect all your hardware. After it finishes reboot
and the hardware will install, when it asks for the win98 cd direct it to
where ever your win98 cd is. I t may take a few reboots to install all the
hardware.
    After all hardware is installed go back into safe mode and enter device
manager and in each hardware category delete any entries that are "doubled".
That is any hardware that shows up twice. Delete all doubled entries then
reboot. The hardware will then be redetected. If after this process you have
trouble with video settings go into safe mode and delete the display adapter
in device manager ,reboot, and then it should redetect your video card and
set it up properly.

Daniel Magoon