From:
Lurisia Dale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 21:58:24 -0800
> Well, I must be Wonder Woman, 'cuz that's exactly what I did when I was
> pumping some iron.  My best friend back home is adding significant muscle
> mass while dropping pounds at a wonderful rate.  In fact, she's built up
> enough muscle in some spots that her trainer's changed her routine lest she
> come out like a pro-football player.  And yes, she's eating a low-carb diet.

Dori,

I read a little more about it, and apparently it is not possible physioligically
to lose fat and gain muscle simultaneously:

http://www.fitfaq.com/lose-fat-gain-muscle.html

People who seem to do so actually alternate phases of fat loss and muscle gain
in short periods, 2-3 days each or so.  Even in this case, either fat loss or
muscle gain will be minimal.  You have to choose.  I would ask you: Is your
friend having her body fat tested professionally to track her progress.  That is
the only way you can really measure muscle gain/fat loss.