From:
Jeff Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:55:43 -0700
<2 lb jerky (beef/turkey)
1 lb dried apricots
1/2 lb banana chips
1 pack dates
1 pack freeze-dried veggies
1/2 lb almonds
1/2 lb macadamia nuts
1 small jar (or whatever) nut butter (macadamia, almond)

Does this make any sense? Too much? Not enough? I'm really bad at planning
this stuff.>

Not near enough! Try to plan each day's consumption individually. Then add a
little more.  Carrying the load will burn calories.
I recently did a 4 day trip,50lb pack, 18 miles and cold 30F at night. When
I got back all my food was gone and I had about
 as much as you are planning maybe more. It seems we always underestimate
what we will need. Maybe try adding up the calorie
content of what you are taking, 3000 X 8.5 days = 25,500 calories.
It's better to carry some food back than be on empty the last 2 days!

Jeff