From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 15:15:02 -0700
> >DORI:
> >My plan so far is to do both weight lifting and
> aerobics.  Someone
> >here told me privately that swimming isn't the best
> option <snip>

> >JUSTIN:
> >That was me.  Swimming doesn't allow your body to
> heat up.  <snip>

> KEN:
> So, if you were thrown into the 35 degrees F. waters
> of the Arctic Ocean, you
> would not generate any heat??? <snip>

> I'm trying to think of better looking people than
> the US Olympic Swim Team (male
> and female), but I can't think of any...

Actually, competitive and long distance swimmers have
been found to have an extra thick layer of sub-dermal
fat. Supposedly to protect their innards from that
cold water. Make no mistake, they are otherwise lean,
sometimes exceedingly so. They just look "smooth"
rather than "ripped".

The question is whether someone who is already
over-fat would want to add even a thin layer of
protective fat while attempting to lose weight. Seems
a little counter-productive.

http://im.yahoo.com/