From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 21:59:16 +0000
On Jan 10, 2006, at 6:29 am, mark wilson wrote:

> My daughter has come
> home from school several times upset because the
> macaroni and cheese, Dorito chip, and Pepsi crowd told
> her that her food was gross, or smelled bad.
>
> <snip>

> Since I've made the adjustments, and stopped sending meat
> by itself, which is what causes the teasing, (I'm positive
> most of these kids live on pizza, pasta, chips, etc.) we've
> had no problems.

Mark

This is EXACTLY the situation I was in last year.  Except I was 22 at
the time, and at work.  At the time I hadn't got much experience
preparing paleo food and a lot of people at work were constantly
insulting my food.  So I guess it's not just limited to children.  I
eventually stopped eating in the day (I discovered the next week that
intermittent fasting is actually an extremely beneficial thing to do
- so ironically I benefitted from it).

The thing that attracted most comments though was how I ate whole
pieces of meat (and often very little else).  It seems like meat's
gone out of fashion.  Maybe that's because of years of vegetarian
campaigning have convinced us it's disgusting.  Maybe wheat- and
dairy- based foods are so addictive we eat them in preference.  Maybe
because processed foods are more trendy (can you imagine Chicken
Strings?  Stringy and fun!  And 45% of it is made entirely from good
wholesome mechanically-recovered chicken... with all the vitamin B-3
a growing child needs!)

It never ceases to amaze me how we've reprogrammed ourselves to be
disgusted by the most important part of our diet.  Actually what
never ceases to amaze me is how we got to be the dominant species on
the planet if we are capable of doing something so STUPID.  (maybe
it's "because", not "if")

Ashley