From:
Bergström Tuomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 17:55:02 +0200
Ok, first just a short introduction:
I'm 27 years old guy from Finland. I became a semi-paleo-eater
without knowing, having given up grain and milk products by and
large, and then coming a cross this article about paleo in a
finnish newspaper. I'm 195cm tall (6 feet 7 inches?) and was
110 kg after christmas, my fat percentage was around 21.
Now I'm 102 kg and an all-paleo-eater, happily so. DGF is a
vegetarian, so we're a "tough crowd" to invite for a dinner <g>.

Hobbies include golf, horsebackriding (dressage and equestrian),
rock-climbing and mountaineering. I'm now starting gym (again)
also.

The problem i see is that mountaineering for me is a very
seasonal sport, because it's usually just for one month
intensively on mountains and the rest of the year i do my
other hobbies. So trying different variations is difficult.

I used to load up on carbs, fat and protein the evening before,
and then "drink my way up", maybe with a few energy bars. Then
cooking some pasta etc. on the way down.

Usually I do two or three consecutive days of hard climbing
followed by one or two days of rest (only light to moderate hiking, or
none). This goes on for 3 to 4 weeks in a row.
At least my vital capacity is high after that <g>.

rgds,
--
TB