From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:35:47 -0500
My doctor thinks I have burned out adrenals. My AM cortisol was low, I've
had lots of stress and I have other symptoms. He had me talk to a pharmacist
(it's a compounding pharmacy that deals mostly with natural supplements) who
said she has two supplements that would help. They would also help in
raising my PH which is way too low. However, she asked me to cut my exercise
in half for the next two weeks. Her argument is, and I have heard this
before, that with lack of cortisol the body is making adrenalin when I do
cardio which signals the body to store fat (in a nut shell).

Well, I am not overweight by any means and I don't have a big stomach, but I
have noticed that I have not been able to get rid of this tiny layer of fat
on my stomach that I never had before (BTS I am 38 and had a hysterectomy
last year and have 1 ovary remaining). Also, my size is great, but my legs
(IMHO) are too flabby. No matter what I do, I cant' seem to get them more
lean.

My current exercise regimen is Mon, Wed, Fri lift weights (high weight low
rep - failure at about 6 reps) followed by a 30 to 40 minute cardio (bike or
treadmill). Tue, Thu, Sat Pilates for lower body and sometimes abs followed
by a 45 to 55 minute cardio at the track. I make sure my HR stays in the fat
burning range for my age, height, etc.

So, does that sound like too much exercise? Is her theory correct and might
I see more results if I cut back on the cardio at least (her suggestion)?
What if anything can I do food wise? For the past week the only carbs I have
had are 1/2 avocado per day, lettuce, and some fresh salsa. Normally I see
great changes doing that but so far I see nothing. I know for the PH I need
to up the greens but what about the fat loss?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. While I really, really want to get
my body back to as lean as it was, I ultimately want to do what's best for
my health.

Thanks,

Kristina