From:
Binnie Betten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 12:01:02 -0500
>For example, I consider my own diet to be paleo; it is at least
>Neanderthin-compliant.  Recently I have been experiencing dryness
>of the eyes, and this impression was objectively verified by a
>tear-output test during an eye exam.  I did a bit of reading and
>learned that this can be the result of vitamin A deficiency.  I
>did an analysis of my diet and discovered that indeed my intake
>of vitamin A is well below RDA.  I don't like the taste of liver
>and don't eat it.  I supplemented with vitamin A and solved the
>problem within a couple of weeks.

That is quite interesting Todd. I was on a strict NeanderThin diet for many
months (still am but with slight modification). I can remember experiencing
extremely dry eyes for a while, but never connected it with my diet. At
approximately the same time frame, I began taking supplements. I haven't
had "dry eyes" since.

Binnie Betten
http://www.pitt.edu/~betten