Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 18:05:07 -0400
Susan,
The worms (either tapeworms or ascarids based on your limited description)
do not live in the stomach but rather in the intestines. Therefore they will
not be totally eliminated by vomiting. I have read many "natural" cures for
parasites, but none that appear to be very effective (I know that amounts to
heresy with some of the folks on this board, but facts are facts). A few
worms will not harm an otherwise healthy cat, but be aware that some are
contagious to humans. Larval migrans is an increasingly reported problem in
children. My advice is to find out what parasite is present and use one of
the relatively benign drugs available to get rid of it. There is a place for
medicine as long as it is used correctly.

Hank