From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 06:13:01 GMT
On Mon, 3 May 1999 20:53:05 -0700, Scott Maxwell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> Fasting for 1-3 days may be easy for you, but it's very draining and
>> stressful for me, as is true, I think, for most people with
>> hypoglycemia.
>
>Hypoglycemics are certainly a special case.  I imagine a "juice fast" would
>pretty much shut-down most hypoglycemics.

And it also sounds very "un-Paleo".

Asides from the overstimulation of insulin occasioned by fruit juice (Paleo
dudes would have no way to juice celery or other vegetables), it is hard to
imagine why a hunter-gatherer (or sane modern person) would squeeze out the
juice, and throw away the rest of the fruit (with its vital fiber).

--
Cheers,

Ken                         <*>