From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 22:56:23 -0800
On Mon, 29 Nov 1999 10:43:48 -0000, Peter Smith <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I'm fairly new to this type of diet, but have been on the Zone Diet
>for several weeks with excellent results in terms of weight loss
>and energy level.
>
>I noticed a post (sorry I have deleted it so cannot quote it)
>mentioning that Barry Sears' original book "The Zone" is now out of
>date in some respects. I am sure that must be true, given that the
>book was published in 1995.
>
>I'm curious though to know in what respects the information in it
>has become outdated.
>
>Can anyone offer information about this?

'Twas I.

It is mostly in peripheral issues:

- Sears now recommends a minimum of 11 blocks a day.

- Sears now says that up to a tablespoon a day of flax oil is okay (for
vegetarians who won't take fish oil).

- Sears now recommends more fish oil (actually the recommendation has been
steadily going up - and more studies are showing benefits).

The 1999 book "Anti-Aging Zone" goes into much more detail about physiological
issues and how they relate to various hormones...

--
Cheers,

Ken