From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 22:02:54 -0600
>Any other busy professionals on the list care to share some
>ideas on how to cope with this sort of schedule and still
>eat like a hunter-gatherer? <g>

Get a crock pot.  This is also good for the budget-conscious; it makes
cheaper cuts of meat tender and tasty.  Best of all, it's ready when you get
home.

I, personally, think leftover beef is better than leftover chicken.  Cook a
nice roast, slice it up and keep it in the fridge.  You'll get several day's
worth of meat from just a few minutes of work.

Get a large pack of chicken breasts, wrap individually in foil and stick
them in the freezer.  Take one out when you get home and stick it in the
fridge before you go to bed.  When you get home the next day, you can cut
and fry it up in just minutes.  Get kitchen scissors; this works much faster
than slicing with a knife.  Many vegetables go great with stif-fired
chicken, including onions, snow peas, broccoli, etc.  Once a week, spend
about an hour with fresh produce, slicing it up for snacking and
stir-frying.  I keep mine in zip-lock back; they'll keep for quite some
time.

Bon appetit!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO