Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 18:23:33 -0400
<<Today I was prescribed an antibiotic due to throat pain. Does anyone know
if
using antibiotics would conflict with the Paleo-diet?>>

Hi Sael,

Welcome to the list.  When you say 'conflict', I'm not sure what you mean.
Of course antibiotics are not considered paleo, but there will be no added
side effects to this drug because you are on a paleo diet.  It's just that
unless you really feel it's necessary, you shouldn't really use it.
Antibiotics are overused in our society, and as a result, are losing their
effectiveness.  How long has your throat been sore?  Was a culture done?
Have any other symptoms accompanied the throat pain?  On a scale of 1-10,
with 10 being most painful, how sore is it?

Siobhan