From:
Mari Madlem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jan 2006 01:56:12 -0500
On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 17:42:37 -0800, michael raiti <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Mari, Do you consume coconut?  I believe that I read
>somewhere that there is cross-reactivity between
>coconut and latex.
>
>Mike

Well, no I don't eat coconut but I love it so much.
It makes my throat itch like bananas and some other foods do
So developed an aversion to it.
It has been that way since I was a child.
But I do love it. Didn't know it may be cross-reactive....mmm

I just try to not eat any processed food. It depends how I eat it
Sometimes I just get a rapid heartbeat and sweats and I start
to look for what I ate or what was in it.
Epi pen helps if I really feel like it is the BIG reaction
Don't have much time for that. Bee stings are like that also
It sucks being very allergic
Thanks and let me know if you find where you may have read that research.
HAPPY NEW YEAR...it's is off to bed for me...