From:
Peter Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 11:45:44 -0000
On 22 Dec 99, at 20:58, Todd Moody wrote:
> <snip>
> My first foray into carb reduction was the Zone diet, which
> is only moderately carb reduced, but is also pretty low in
> calories.  At any rate, my blood pressure, which had been
> creeping up over the previous few years, to 150/100 or so,
> dropped to 120/80 within a week, and has stayed there ever since.

I'm curious as to what made you switch from the Zone diet. I've
been on it for a couple of months and find it has been very
effective in terms of weight reduction, general well being and
energy. Barry Sears' justifications for the diet read well to me,
although there may well be criticisms of it that are apparent to
those with more knowledge of nutrition than I.

I would certainly be very interested in criticisms of the Zone diet
and better approaches, and also to be pointed to any relevant
reading material that will guide me towards an even better diet.

Peter Smith