From:
Kathy Blanco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 10:08:26 -0700
Ashton also realized that diet had a profound affect on the progression of
MS. He read about Roy L. Swank, M.D., Ph.D., of Portland, Ore., who had
years before developed a low-saturated-fat diet to treat MS. He also learned
that food sensitivities-allergy-like reactions-could aggravate MS symptoms,
and he put Matt on a "paleolithic," or cave-man, diet consisting of simple
and unprocessed foods, such as fruits, vegetables, fish, skinless chicken
breasts, and a little rice, and avoiding all dairy, gluten, legumes, fried
foods, and yeast. In addition, Matt began taking a variety of supplements,
including vitamins, minerals, and such "good fats" as salmon oil and evening
primrose oil.

kathy