From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 08:31:41 -1000
><<Whether I kill a duck telling some quack quack jokes or after some artsy
>fartsy ceremony to the duck gods--the duck is dead and we eat it. Enjoying
>the meal is reverence enough, no? What possible difference does it make?>>

Siobhan:
>  It makes a difference in energy. Although, for some, this is not an
>awareness.  Everything is interconnected.  Why should any living thing be
>less respected than another?

Why not? There are many humans I don't respect. I am _so_ unaware!

>  The attitude in which anything is done has impact on others.  Have you
>ever walked into a room where there are people, and something feels wrong in
>that room yet there's nothing overt telling you that?  That's
>energy...created by all thoughts and actions.

Yeah, I can get a weird feeling when I see all the "Stop Eating Animals"
bumper stickers that have cropped up lately around here, but it may be
because its such a stupid bumper sticker more than bad energy. ;)

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft