Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 01:20:30 -0400
<<I can't get my kids to eat much in the way of vegetables even. I suppose
if
they had been raised that way from the start it would be easier, but at this
point it's too hard, alas

But recently I stopped eating tomatoes and peppers because they caused me
problems. I do most of the cooking when I am home, and now I can't make
things like chili or spaghetti sauce (I would eat the sauce only, kids would
have it over pasta) unless I make a separate batch sans tomatoes. Life is
more complicated.>>

   I guess I really don't understand this.  Food is what keeps us healthy or
makes us unhealthy.  If they don't eat vegetables, they are going to become
ill.  If they are made to try a number of different ones and told to pick
the three they prefer most because they HAVE to eat them, they will
eventually adjust.  Their health is worth the difficulty.  No one ever died
eating a few ounces of a healthy food they didn't like.  This is nothing
close to the difficult things they will have to face in life.

I realize I sound impaitent.  I guess I am.  I'm tired of seeing parents
whose kids are in charge and dictate what they will and won't eat, despite
not having the information or understanding to make good choices for
themselves.

Siobhan