From:
kathleen a kinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 May 1999 17:39:44 EDT
Hi all,
total newbie here who is ignoring the wise voice in my head
telling me to stay out of this.  Since I am ignoring that
advice, I will at least heed it's backup warning to  throw
in all the disclaimers:  IMHO, YMMV, no personal attack
intended or solicited, no financial interest, gets out all
common household stains, etc.

Some quick background as intro: I am a 44 y.o. woman,
have had a weight problem since adolescence, struggled
with depression as well for many years.   Tried almost
every diet and program that's out there, flushed a small
fortune on them.  Net surfing last summer, I found
some info on low-carbing, read a few books, and have
lost 50 pounds painlessly since August 4th, with another
15-20 to go.  My skin and hair look great, I have more
energy, no cravings, no binges, great blood chemistry,
 yadda yadda yawn.  You've all heard the reviews.
Preaching to the choir here.

I described my WOE on a LC list, and a few people
told me I should check out Paleo, since I sounded like
that was what I was almost doing. So here I am.
Ray A. posts on that list every so often, and I
have an impression of  him as being helpful,
caring, informed and highly opinionated.

He wrote something to the effect that he wasn't
getting rich selling people a $12 book which they
then read and get well and he never sees them again.
If that's what his package is now, why assume it will change?
What would he include?  `Neanderthin' and a spear for 49.95?
My vote would be to give him the benefit of the doubt.
I think he deserves that.

As far as the means of selling goes,  I don't watch t.v.
and I can't imagine sitting through a 30-minute advertisement,
so infomercial land is uncharted territory to me.  But,
having suffered for most of my adult life from
diet-related disorders, I would love to see this
information broadcast round-the-clock,
plastered on billboards, announced in the pulpits
every sabbath, and a miniature version of Neanderthin
distributed in Cracker Jacks boxes.

I was in a store last night that sold books,
and the cookbook score was LC-0, LF-14 including one
entitled "How to Eat Right." Schools are teaching
our children that one food pyramid fits all.  Meanwhile, people
are literally dying for this information.  I don't care how it gets
disseminated, just get it out there.

regards, Kathleen
stepping down off my soapbox to return to lurker shadowlands.

>Subject: Re: Per Ray Audette-Urgent Testimonial Request
>>Hello, my name is Helen and being very new to the list I am still
>>reading a lot trying to get a feel for the diet. I am very
>dissappointed >>at the thought of this becoming something to be
"marketed" on late night TV complete with very expensive "packages" to be
purchased via
>telephone with a credit card.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]