From:
Hala Winter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 11:48:43 EDT
In a message dated 5/10/01 8:08:07 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< as long you eat them raw direct from the garden and your sense of taste
agree with them in the quantity you can eat,  it is fine IMO. Those plants
 especially the greens beans) have antinutrients that can harm in the long
run . eating them in salad can mask the instinctive stop that will occur
when the body is not able to neutralise, handle  thoses molecules  so you
might eat too much of them . >>

Just curious...what do you mean by antinutrients?  I really do want to
know...it seems I've eaten LOTS of things raw, and often, and in great
quantity, that the book says are "bad".  Peas are the worst offenders, but
I've also enjoyed lima beans and potatoes raw...especially the tiny
"fingerling" potatoes...cut up with lemonjuice and watercress...mmm..

What's the verdict?  And what exactly is the problem?  Does it leach other
nutrients out of your body or prevent their absorption (that's what
"antinutrient" sounds like to me)?

Thanks,

Hala