From:
John McKenzie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 21:48:14 +1000
Todd Moody wrote:

> It's funny you should mention this.  I used to notice that
> certain, but not all, dairy products would cause an increase in
> mucus in my throat and mouth.  The effect was fairly immediate
> after consumption of the product.  In particular, I noticed that
> cheddar, American, and cream cheese would cause this reaction,
> but feta, mozzarella, and cottage cheese would not.  I later
> learned that this corresponds well to D'Adamo's type A list for
> dairy, with the exception of cottage cheese, which I'm supposed
> to avoid.

perhaps as people may be (inerst dairy/gluten whatever) intolerant,
within this there are stages or degrees of senstivity, as you
experience. It may be that these levels are common and that many people
will report the same food allergies (pardon my murder of the correect
terms)
within the dairy range.

These people may or may not have any other observeale similraites other
than
this (i.e. blood type, skin colour - whether they preferred fat elvis or
thin
elvis :)   ) but nonetheless there is more than likely a common link
between
the varying levels of food intolerance.

A while ago (around a yuear and a half I think) on the lowcarb-l list,
it was
discovered that a signicant number of the most frequent posters had the
same
blood type. After the subject was allowed to run its course and lurkers
etc submitted
data, the percentage of listers of each blood type did not vary much
with what would be normal numbers on a global basis. (I bring this up
because it was a discussion of D'Adamos' work which sparked the thread
over there (another list where I mostly lurk)

It could be argued that unless one has problems with a certain food, one
wont be pressed to look for answers, so a great many people who
"shouldn't" be able to eat a certain food, infact can and do, and so
those who are "saved" by the information and rave about it do not havwe
a counter argument from other people to whom the advice is unnecessary.

Interestingly, the same could be applied to Neanderthin (and I should
point out that I am not strictly Paleo - more accurately lowcarb - but a
lot of the info has helped - I now avoid grains for carb ups and am
indeed better off, though I do still consume dairy (seemingly without
problem - I have through trial and error (albeit educated trial and
error) eliminated foods which my body is not agreeable to.

John McKenzie (once again back to lurking)