From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 10:48:50 -0400
On Tue, 23 May 2000 07:28:24 -0400, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I use Sears/Eades formulas and aim for about 140g of protein per
>day.  That's based on my lean body mass of about 183, and a
>"moderately active" lifestyle.
Wow, thats alone 140*2.5 = 350 kcal in form of protein.

>I have tried this, Amadeus, using a mix of almonds, walnuts, and
>brazil nuts.  I don't find it satisfactory, although I can
>certainly survive on such a diet.  And I do like nuts.  The
>w-6:w-3 ratio is too high, and after a few days I begin to see
>signs of that, such as acne (and I'm 46 years old).

Hm in our discusstions a some years back you mentioned that
w-3 ratio of brazil is extremely bad (380:1), while walnut was
reasonable (4:1). (Almonds i dndn't look).
If you look only at the ratios, the sum ratio might have
been bad. Bette to leave out brazils for that? or equal out by
flax of fish.

But since a friend of mine who is dermatologist and allergologist
reported that nut *allergies* are very frequent.
You might also have encountered a nut allergy (perhaps hidden).
The trick might be not to mix and to leave the wrong ones out.
A hint is given by D'Adamos lectin reports.
Alas brazils are "avoid" for me (type 0). I like them and don't avoid them.
But eat them not so frequent.

> Acne is an
>inflammatory process and it makes sense that an EFA imbalance
>would trigger it.  I wish I had known about this when I was 16.
I whish I'd known some of the inflammatory facts at that age too.
Really. Btw. I recommended flax oil to my sons (14 and 16) and so far
acne (already low) almost disappeared.

Amadeus S.