From:
tsayonah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 07:00:56 -0500
Mel, I agree with Christy: 21 is too young for such symptoms
without something being wrong somewhere.  And your docs on
your side of the pond are no more scary than the ones on my
side. :)  I ran your short history past my husband who is a
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist and he says why not
start with a simple blood test screening of your thyroid.
You have a perfectly good reason with your and your family's
past med history.  This is a simple test and will at least
tell you if your thyroid is up, down or ok.  Also take a
good hard look at what you are actually eating and make sure
you are getting enough of what you need - I'm thinking of
all those tales I've heard of women distance runners who
stop menstruating.  Everything I've heard about paleo says
it regulates the irregular and helps get rid of "PMS" side
effects so I tend to doubt it is the cause.  If both these
possible solutions prove not to be the basis, then you will
need to take the plunge and start working with a doc....hope
it turns out to be something simple, as it very well could
be.  Do let us know how things go!

--
   Elisi Tsayonah, AniWodi, ghigau,
   St Francis River Band of Cherokee