From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 12:03:40 +0100
> Interesting that both sexes increased carb intake, but went opposite
> directions regarding fat intake. I wonder why?

I think it could be a result of feministic (Sorry here if I'm farting in the
sterile compartment) attitudes. Women are getting more meat because that is
the direction in which politics has been moving.

When there were discussions in Britain in the beginning of 20th century
concerning the inequality in salaries between men and women one of the
argument as to why men should be payed more for the same work was that men
needed more meat and meat was more expensive than bread and cookies which
was mainly womens food. One proof of this was allegedly that when men went
into town to do some business or whatever they would go to a restaurant and
have a nice beef steak whereas women would go to a tea parlour to nibble
some cakes. Male union and employers arguments in top shape!

So, maybe you think this is a bit off topic but I don't. I believe that in
most families even today the man would be given more meat than the woman but
in fact it is she who needs more of it due to losing a lot of protein
through her period every month - not to mention childbirth and breast
feeding.
Eva