From:
Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 11:42:57 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 I have struck a different obstacle at the moment though. It seems I am of
the wrong race to hunt Kangaroo. For me, (due to the colour of my skin) it is
illegal.

I don't think you necessarily have to hunt it. The first thing is to do some
research. There must be many ethnographic studies available in a library or
natural history museum that would tell you what the aborigines do with
kangaroo, and any other wild foods. I would be interested in this myself. And
then presumably you could hire an abo to hunt one for you...?

The aborigines of Australia have one of the most sophisticated cultures of
all native peoples, and can teach us a tremendous amount about ourselves.

Charles
San Diego, CA