From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 18:05:10 -0700
>I don't see where a "holier than thou" attitude is supportive of those
>struggling with the difficulties of trying to eat a Paleo type diet in our
>modern
>world.

I couldn't agree more.  After the mere contemplation of almond flour, I now
know what Homer Simpson felt like when the Rev. Lovejoy yelled, "SEE YOU IN
HELL! (pause)  From heaven."

The fact is, one can never eat the true Paleo diet, especially on this list.
  You could live in a jungle eating nothing more than what God gave you and
there'd still be SOMETHING wrong with it.  Plant and animal species abundant
in the Paleo era no longer exist - strike one!  Or you're Celtic but the
cave you live in is located in South America so you're eating the wrong wild
foods.  And on and on and on.

No one's a sinner for doing the best they can.  If I could afford wild game
and organic produce, would I buy it?  Sure.  But I can't so I don't.
Welcome to reality.  Anyone who thinks it's a shame I don't eat "better" is
free to write me a check.  'Til that happens, I'll have to do the best I
can.  Even THEN, there'll be someone with a better idea.

I'd normally say, "Sorry if this offends, but...."  Well, not this time.  I
hope this message DOESN'T offend but, frankly, some things need be said.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO

Create your own personal Web page with the info you use most, at My MSN.